5 years ago.Really?
Some days it seems like we've just always been together. And some days it seems like it's been no time at all.
What do you say about 5 years of marriage to the man who is not only a husband but my best friend, my hero, my whole world?
I don't think I had any idea when I stood before God and promised my forever to this man what that would mean or where it would take us. Does anyone?
It has most certainly been a journey but it's been one I wouldn't have wanted to share with anyone else.
There have been many times over the past five years I have come face to face with the knowledge that God gave this man to me as a gift and his love as a priceless treasure. No one could have been better for me. No one could have made my dreams come true like he does every day and no one else could make my heart so happy. Not just happy but full of joy.
I won't begin to try to list all the things he is to me or why I love him.
Actually I did that once and I stopped at 200 because I thought it was getting a little crazy. I gave the list to V and he still carries it around in his flight case. But anyway, back to the mushy stuff.
He has always loved me unconditionally. Even when I didn't deserve that much love. He is gracious and forgives quickly, no matter what.
He is steadfast, strong, caring, protecting, supporting, encouraging, fun, a little crazy, sweet, entertaining, giving and thoughtful.
He has a wonderful servant heart. He's a man that seeks to honor God and follow after Him. He is a wonderful provider. He is always by my side when I need him. He makes me laugh. He makes me go weak in the knees when he looks at me, the same look he used when we first got married. It's so full of love some times I don't understand how he loves me that much.
He is kind. He is honest. He is simply a good man. He loves and feels deeply for his family and his God. He spends time with us and values things in life that truly matter, not getting hung up on things that don't count.
He prayers for me and with me. He understands me (well tries to). He puts me and Lydia ahead of his own wants and needs because he is happy only when we are happy and taken care of.
He's so stinkin smart he makes my brain hurt. He helps me when I need help with something and never makes me feel stupid or laughs at me.
He makes me feel loved and cherished. He makes me feel valued and special. He makes me feel safe, protected and cared for. He makes me feel honored that he has chosen to give his love to me and that it was me he wanted to share his life with.
Has it been always been easy? No.
We've hit some rocky spots.
We've had big moves. We've dealt with health issues. We've had hard decisions to make. We've faced fears together and struggled with various circumstances. We've had disappointments and unmet expectations.
We've had to work at learning how to do this thing called marriage.
We've had our bad times but oh so many good times. And though it all he has been my constant. He's been right there. Never complained, never wavered but held my hand and just kept loving.
Babe, the last 5 years have been amazing. I cherish the memories we've made and the life we've built.
Thank you for all the amazing things you are and the things you do day in and day out that let me know you love me.
My heart rejoices in our love. I am more thankful than I could say that you are walking beside me on our way to forever, sharing the good and the bad. But because you've been with me there has been far far more good than bad.
You've made me so happy and blessed beyond words.
I love you. I cherish you from the deepest part of me. I truly adore you.
Happy Anniversary, My Love.














No comments:
Post a Comment