You will show me the path of life. In Your presence is fullness of joy. At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. Ps. 16:11

Friday, February 26, 2010

To God Be The Glory Great Things He Has Done!

There are times in life when all you can do is fall face first before your God in complete awe of who He is and what He has done.
Knowing you are undeserving of the work He has done in your life but finding in that very fact a humbleness that leads to silent but passionate heart worship. Silent because there are no words. Passionate because you feel a gratitude and amazement so intense it goes down to the deepest part of your soul.
Such is the attitude of my heart today.

But that being said I am reminding myself of Ps 103:2 which says "Bless the LORD, O my soul,
And forget not all His benefits:" because I know my heart. It is prone to forget.
I go about rejoicing in God's goodness and love and then life happens. I just mold back into the routine of life and forget that He is always worthy of that kind of praise. And whats worse, when the next circumstance comes that I need Him, I don't automatically recall His previous mercies I fall into worry.
The Bible, especially in Psalms repeatedly reminds us NOT to do that. It says to remember the works He has done and not only that but to continually share them and pass them on. Do I do that? Why is it so easy to forget just how powerful He really is?
I'm not the only one.
The children of Israel forgot.
Ps 106 recounts the wondrous miracles God performed for them. Verse 12 says that they believed and sang His praise but in the very next verse it says "They soon forgot His works."
I don't know about you but I see some of me there.
When God answers my prayers in such an awesome way I am full of praise like I mentioned at the start of this but I find it very easy to little by little get wrapped up again in life and soon I have forgotten. How sad.
But here's the good news. Ps 78:39 says that when we forget He remembers that we are but flesh. He understands how easy it is for us to forget and yet time after time He pours Himself into our lives with love and mercy and more answers to prayers we are undeserving of answers to. Why? Because that's how much He loves us. Because He does remember that we are nothing more than fleeting flesh. And also because, as Ps 106 says, He wants to make His mighty power known. He does it for His glory!
So, at the end of this day I lift my voice and proclaim... TO GOD BE THE GLORY GREAT THINGS HE HAS DONE!


"Oh give thanks to the Lord; call upon his name;
make known his deeds among the peoples!
Sing to him, sing praises to him;
tell of all his wondrous works!
Glory in his holy name;
let the hearts of those who seek the Lord rejoice!
Seek the Lord and his strength;
seek his presence continually!
Remember the wondrous works that he has done..."
Ps. 105:1-5a

No comments: