So.
Today my mission was to finally stop putting this task off and unjumble them.
That was fun.
I've been putting it off since we moved in but I really needed them so today was the day.
The worst part about it is this. It's my fault.
When we moved I took my clothes off the hangers and folded them so I could just put them in suitcases or small boxes so they wouldn't get dirty in the moving van.
I was in a hurry. And as I took the clothes off each hanger I just sorta threw the hangers in the box.
Yep. It was dumb. But I did it. I needed to get it done as fast as possible and that seemed to be the most expedient at the time. Blame this brillant plan on the pregnancy.
So there I was today undoing my hurried "time-saving" handiwork.
In the pursuit of doing things quickly because I wanted to move on, I actually created more work for myself down the road. I made a real mess of things and I had to sit down and take the time to fix it.
If I would have done it right back then, I wouldn't have been sitting in the floor of my bedroom grumbling at the tangled pile before me as I tried to figure out the puzzle to pry them apart.
Isn't it that way a lot of times? Not just with hangers.
God gives us tasks or commands from His word and we think, "It'll take too long that way" so we find shortcuts to get the job done. And then, later on down the road we find ourselves sitting down and untangling the mess we created by doing it our way and trying to weave around some steps in the plan God has laid out.
God's ways are perfect and there is a reason He wants us to do things the way He spells out for us. He doesn't want us to have to take time later on to fix what could have been avoided if we would have listened.
Do you ever wonder what we could have been doing for Him if we weren't using that time to untangle ourselves?
What do you think would have happened to Noah if he would have taken shortcuts or hadn't followed God's plans to the T? What would have been the result if others in the Bible hadn't listened to God's voice? What do we miss when we do the same?
Okay, I realize that hangers aren't in quite the same category here but....application people!
Take my advice- In hangers and in life, It's better to take the time to do it right the first time than to have to go back and do more work later. And the "more work later" part usually isn't very much fun.














1 comment:
Totally got the application! Makes so much sense....thanks for sharing. Must be a family thing, because I've ended up with a box full of hangers too,when we moved! Horrible!!!!
Post a Comment