You will show me the path of life. In Your presence is fullness of joy. At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. Ps. 16:11

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Air That Bites

The wind has a decided bite to it these days and most people are starting to complain.
Add to that the gloomy sky and drizzle and most Michiganers are starting their annual "it's time to start complaining about the cold" routine.
I have decided to postpone that this year. I promise not to complain until at least December. You can remind me of that.
But actually I'm loving me some fall.
When most people are grumbling at the clouds and wind, I am enjoying the feel in the air, the smell of fresh breeze, the sound of leaves rustling through the trees before they float to the ground, and yes, even the sight of the cloudy, gloomy sky.
Days like this week have produced actually energize me.
They make me smile.
They make me wanna eat some really unhealthy fall food.
I don't have much of anything to write so this post is nothing more than an ode to the last few days and how much I've enjoyed them, even if most people are complaining.
Even if my own body is starting to protest when I get up in the morning because it would much rather stay all warm and cozy.
Even if my hands are starting to get a little cold while typing because they can't be in their normal "cold weather position" when I'm at the computer. (For those of you who are curious, that position happens to be with me sitting on my hands.)
There may be a long list of things one could start complaining about and I'm starting to hear them wherever I go but they don't matter because the moment I walk outside I am in fall paradise and I'm lovin' it!

No comments: