You will show me the path of life. In Your presence is fullness of joy. At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. Ps. 16:11

Saturday, February 14, 2009

A Divine Valentine

A Valentine may play a love song for you-
but God sings you the sweetest love song in the universe.
The LORD your God ...
He will rejoice over you with gladness,
He will quiet you with His love,
He will rejoice over you with singing.
Zephaniah 3:17


A Valentine may give you flowers-
but God sent you the most beautiful Rose of all, Jesus.
I am the rose of Sharon, and the lily of the valleys. Song of Solomon 2:1

A Valentine may take you to dinner-
but God has invited you to the most amazing feast ever given.
Blessed are those who are called to the marriage supper of the Lamb. Rev. 19:9

A Valenting may bring you chocolate-
but God provided you with something ever sweeter, His word.
How sweet are Your words to my taste,
Sweeter than honey to my mouth!
Ps. 119:103

A Valentine may be far away-
but God is always with you.
I am with you always. Matthew 28:20

A Valentine may give you something-
but God has given you everything.
God...gives us richly all things to enjoy. 1 Tim. 6:17

A Valenting may love you for a lifetime-
but God loved you before you were born and will love you for all eternity.

Yes, I have loved you with an everlasting love;
Therefore with lovingkindness I have drawn you.
Jeremiah 31:3

(I found this on a daysprings Valentine e-card. Don't you just love it?)

This Valentine's Day and always-
May you rejoice in His perfect love.


Oh and one more verse that I want to share with you about God's love.
As the Father loved Me, I also have loved you; abide in My love.
John 15:9

I read that recently and it just popped out at me. I actually gasped. That's an amazing love!
Why wouldn't I want to abide in a love like that? I hope you do too!

No comments: