Ok, I know it's been a long time since I've posted anything. My excuse? I really don't have one.
I was in Kansas/Oklahoma for a week. I came back to Memphis Wednesday morning and was able to spend the rest of the day with Vince. He had the day off. :)
I had such a nice time with everyone back there. I got to spend lots of time with family and saw some friends that reminded me what a crazy bunch of people I hang out with. I thank God for every one of those crazy nuts!
So a little outline of the trip goes as follows-
On the plane ride there I had the joy of sitting beside a baptist missionary. We had a wonderful talk about God's love, spreading the gospel and the work he and his team are doing in building homes and sharing the plan of salvation with rural areas in the country. Needless to say, that plane ride went very quickly but I got off the plane with an uplifted heart that God's word is still marching on.
I spent the week driving back and forth to Bartlesville a lot. I spent as much time with my grandparents and dad as I could. It was such a special time that did my heart lots of good.
I was also able to go to King's Coffee Shop which was a staple of my life when I lived there. Most weekends and some weekdays when an escape from an extra stressful day was needed you could find Angie and I there. Of course Angie couldn't be with us but I took my mom and Angie's mom. It was nice just to relax, enjoy a cup of coffee and good conversation.
I went out to eat more times in that week than I have in the past month with one friend after another. One thing I noticed, that area just doesn't have a lot to offer in the way of good food. :)
I also enjoyed the time with mom and John. It's always nice to go home and get a little spoiled. I honestly didn't spend as much time with them because they were working but I enjoyed the time we had.
So that was pretty much my week. I completely enjoyed myself although it was nice to come back to Vince.
I think the foremost thought of the whole week was that I have been wonderfully blessed with lots of friends and a family who loves and cares about me. The older I get I am more aware of what a blessing that is. God has surrounded me with His love and the love of lots of people and there's not much more a person could ask for. That has got to be one of the greatest gifts. To love and be loved.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














No comments:
Post a Comment