Vince was off today so we got to spend some time together. He is pretty stressed out but handling the pressure far better than I would. Tomorrow is his big test. We have been reminding ourselves just where our help and confidence comes from and we are leaning hard on God. We have had to remind ourselves to do that a little more than usual the last few days but I am so glad to know that He is truly Lord of all and the confidence we have is well placed when it is placed in Him and not our own resources.
A neat little thing happened this afternoon and we got to see it from our hotel window.
George Bush was in Memphis today and as he was going back to the airport, the motorcade went right by our hotel. I had been wondering what was going on because the cops were everywhere and had traffic stopped from every direction. I was glad to find out it was good news, not bad.
Also, from our vantage point in the hotel we get a great shot of the airport. So, we got to see Air Force Once taxi out as the President was leaving and then we watched it take off. To top it off, when they took off, they flew right past our window! We got a really great view of the plane as it was flying away into the wild blue yonder. We did have to stand on the desk in the room and a very wobbly chair to witness it all but it was worth it. I thought it was a very cool thing to be able to see.
It is so neat when little unexpected things like that happen. It's those simple, snapshot moments that seem small but help bring a little more excitement and fun into our everyday existance.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














No comments:
Post a Comment