You will show me the path of life. In Your presence is fullness of joy. At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. Ps. 16:11

Thursday, August 23, 2007

My Brother, The Hero



Adrian, Vince's brother, went hiking on Mt. Hood with friends not so long ago and ended up becoming a "big, burly" hero.
Here are some links that tell the story better than I could. Make sure you watch the video clips and picture slideshows.

http://www.kgw.com/news-local/stories/kgw_073107_news_boulder_rescue.cea64552.html

http://www.columbian.com/news/localNews/08022007news177264.cfm

http://blog.oregonlive.com/breakingnews/2007/08/woman_recounts_harrowing_ordea.html

After hearing him talk of that day, this is what I thought. Number 1, I'm so pround of him and I thank God that he had the right skills needed for the situation, and Number 2, I couldn't help but be awed at the testimony it was to the awesome power and goodness of God. I was thinking as Adrian was telling the story, " That rescue had the hand of God all over it". No one can say God isn't present and at work in our lives after hearing this story.


God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in time of trouble. Ps. 46:1

No comments: