Big leaves and still growing, just bloomed out "baby" leaves surrounded us.
Beautiful.
The tree in our front yard is one of our favorite spots.
It's a place were much fun is had.
Picnics, playtime, talking, reading, singing, learning, cloud watching...it's all done there.
It's a fun place to play and in the heat of the summer it provides lots of shade.
We also like to lay on our backs or rest our backs against the trunk and just stare up into the tree.
It's a great view.
The beauty of nature in our own front yard.
Since it is so big and shady, one thing it doesn't have is grass. The area of ground underneath that tree is pretty much just dirt.
So that's what Lydia and I were doing yesterday sitting under that tree.We played in the dirt.
We dug and played and talked and laughed and got real dirty.
We spent about an hour there in one spot.
Both of us loved it!
I found out that even as an adult, playing in the mud is great!
In fact, there is something positively relaxing and calming about it.
We had a pretty busy day yesterday morning and the time in that dirt was peaceful and fun.
When we went in for dinner I was refreshed (at least in spirit but certainly not my skin and clothes) and serene.
I told Vince I think I found a new stress reliever!
My advice to you- next time life gets crazy, go make mud pies!
Here's to lots of dirt filled days!














No comments:
Post a Comment