You will show me the path of life. In Your presence is fullness of joy. At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. Ps. 16:11

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

It Can't Be...No Way!

Hear that? That's the sound of 2010 whooshing by.
The calendar keeps telling me it's August. I'm struggling to believe that.
Is it true? Have I missed summer again?
I can't tell you how my mind starts whirling everytime I hear someone spout off about "back to school" or "last few weeks of summer".
I'm in denial here.
Not so much in the fact that summer is over because it would be nice to have a break from the heat but more in the fact that it's AUGUST! Wasn't it just March? Where does time go?
The Bible speaks about redeeming the time. I need to redeem some of 2010. Okay, a lot of it.
At the first of each year my prayer is always, "Lord, help me live it for you". At the end of each year I try to think back and hope that there has been growth (and not just in my waistline), maturity and moments that counted for Christ. Things that are eternal.
So with it being August, I need to take the time and evaluate. How's the year been going? What am I gonna do with it before its gone? Have I been living it for Him? Have I been redeeming my time wisely?
Come to think about it, maybe I should be doing this more often than when I see the calender moving ever so quickly toward the end of the year.
So, What about you? How's your year been?

No comments: