According to my countdown banner at the bottom of this blog, summer is almost over and fall will begin in 8 days.
Wow.
Did anyone but me just miss this summer?
I don't even remember it.
Between Michigan's abnormally low temps this year and the fact that it has been one crazy summer for us, I still can't believe it's over when I'm still waiting for it to begin.
So here's to the summer that wasn't.
*Summer fun I didn't get to do this year*
1. Swimming. Not one time did I get to go swimming. It's been too cold. What a shame. And this, the year I would have looked just like a whale in a bathing suit.
2. Picnics. Well, we did go on a few with church family but cookouts weren't nearly as frequent this year as I would have liked.
3. Camping/fishing. Every year I tell myself this is the year we are gonna make that happen. Chalk another year up to that not happening.
4. Festivals/Fairs. I really enjoy going to these. Not to throw my money away on all the vendors and overpriced food stands but to just enjoy the atmosphere, the animals and people watch. Is there any greater entertainment than people watching at a fair/festival?
5. Camp. I didn't get to go to church camp this year. I hate that. I always have enjoyed going to church camp and this year I missed them all.
Yeppers, summer is over and it didn't even really get here.
But on the up side...FALL IS ALMOST HERE!
Last year I wrote a lot about my love of fall so I won't go into all that again this year (you can look them up in my archives, I still feel the same) but I am really looking forward to all fall is and it's just around the corner!
I am determined to take time and enjoy it, to soak it all in because fall was just meant to be enjoyed.
The leaves are already turning here, (yeah, crazy huh?) and fall weather is making appearances occasionally. Well, half our summer was fall-like weather, but I really am looking forward to that special nip in the air. I'd say I was going to get all my sweatshirts, sweaters, flannel pj's and blankets out soon but I never put them away. At least now I can use them and not grumble about the fact that I'm wearing sweaters in July. That was a little strange.
So I bid thee a fond farewell, summer- I'll (hopefully) catch up to you next year.
Hello Fall- I'm so glad you're here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)














No comments:
Post a Comment