You will show me the path of life. In Your presence is fullness of joy. At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore. Ps. 16:11

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Listening to God

I recently came across a blog by a Christian speaker/writer named Lysa TerKeurst. I had never heard of her but she occasionally writes for a devotional series I am going through.
She emphasizes that she is just an everyday, average woman but she has done one really WOW thing and it has been stuck in my mind for days.
She was going about her everyday life when God spoke to her and asked her (out of the blue) to do something that would change her life. Not only her life, but her family's as well.
She had gone to hear some orphans from Liberia sing near her home and ended up adopting two of them after hearing God whisper to her "Two of those boys are yours". What she did was so amazing, and the response of her friends was so unusual that she was invited to speak on Oprah. You can see the video clips from her interview with Oprah on her blog. They tell the whole story. It's a story that really tugs on the heart.
After visting her blog and hearing her story I was amazed and a little humbled.
My question to you (and myself) is this: How quickly would you be willing to take that big a risk and walk out on faith to do something that would so drastically impact your life if God told you to do it?

1 comment:

LeAnn said...

Thanks for such a challenging thought. That was so thought provoking and soul searching. I would like to say that I would readily respond, but I think I would probably be one questioning God, are you sure this what I am to do? It sure makes me want to be listening and obedient to the still small voice! (and keep my prayer life up-to-date so my faith can increase!!)
Thanks for using a simple to devotional to inspire those around you!